Donate link: https://wphowto.net/
Tags: smtp, mail, mailer, phpmailer, wp_mail, email
Requires at least: 4.8
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.0.8
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Configure a SMTP server to send email from your WordPress site. Configure the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of the PHP mail() function.
== Description ==
[SMTP Mailer](https://wphowto.net/smtp-mailer-plugin-for-wordpress-1482) plugin allows you to configure a mail server which handles all outgoing email from your website. It takes control of the wp_mail function and use SMTP instead.
=== Requirements ===
* A self-hosted website running on [WordPress hosting](https://wphowto.net/best-cheap-wordpress-hosting-1689)
=== SMTP Mailer Settings ===
* **SMTP Host**: Your outgoing mail server (e.g. smtp.gmail.com).
* **SMTP Authentication**: Whether to use SMTP authentication when sending an email (True/False). If you choose to authenticate you will also need to provide your username and password.
* **SMTP Username**: The username to connect to your SMTP server.
* **SMTP Password**: The password to connect to your SMTP server.
* **Type of Encryption**: The encryption to be used when sending an email (TLS/SSL/No Encryption. TLS is recommended).
* **SMTP Port**: The port to be used when sending an email (587/465/25). If you choose TLS the port should be set to 587. For SSL use port 465 instead.
* **From Email Address**: The email address to be used as the From Address when sending an email.
* **From Name**: The name to be used as the From Name when sending an email.
=== SMTP Mailer Test Email ===
Once you have configured the settings you can send a test email to check the functionality of the plugin.
* **To**: Email address of the recipient.
* **Subject**: Subject of the email.
* **Message**: Email body.
=== Known Compatibility ===
SMTP Mailer should work with any plugin that uses the WordPress Mail function. However, It has been tested with the following form and contact form plugins:
* Contact Form 7
* Jetpack Contact Form
* Visual Form Builder
* Fast Secure Contact Form
* Formidable Forms
* Contact Form by BestWebSoft
For detailed setup instructions please visit the [SMTP Mailer](https://wphowto.net/smtp-mailer-plugin-for-wordpress-1482) plugin page.
== Installation ==
1. Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
1. Click the upload tab
1. Browse for the plugin file (smtp-mailer.zip) on your computer
1. Click "Install Now" and then hit the activate button
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Can I send email via SMTP from my website using this plugin? =
== Screenshots ==
1. SMTP Mailer Settings
2. SMTP Mailer Test Email Tab
== Upgrade Notice ==
== Changelog ==
= 1.0.8 =
* SMTP Mailer is compatible with WordPress 5.3.
= 1.0.7 =
* SMTP Mailer now checks for a valid nonce when sending a test email.
= 1.0.6 =
* SMTP Mailer no longer shows the saved password in the settings.
= 1.0.5 =
* SMTP Mailer is now compatible with WordPress 4.9.
= 1.0.4 =
* Updated the mail() function by setting its minimum requirements to WordPress 4.8.
* "phpmailer_init" action hook is now enabled so it can be used by other plugins.
= 1.0.3 =
* Fixed a bug where an apostrophe in the password would cause SMTP authentication failure.
= 1.0.2 =
* SMTP Mailer now supports the "wp_mail_failed" hook which fires after a phpmailerException is caught.
* Added a new option to bypass this error on some servers where the SSL certificate is not properly configured - Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.
= 1.0.1 =
* First commit
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...