Donate link: http://seanfisher.co/donate/
Tags: security, secure, lockdown, vulnerability, website security, wp-admin, login, hide login, rename login, http auth, 404, lockdown, srtfisher, secure
Requires at least: 3.6
Tested up to: 4.3.1
Stable tag: 2.3.2
Lockdown WP Admin conceals the administration and login screen from intruders. It can hide WordPress Admin (/wp-admin/) and and login (/wp-login.php) as well as add HTTP authentication to the login system. We can also change the login URL from wp-login.php to whatever you'd like: /login, /log-in-here, etc.
== Description ==
This plugin will hide WordPress Admin (/wp-admin/) when a user isn't logged in. If a user isn't logged in and they attempt to access WP Admin directly, they will be unable to and it will return a 404. It can also rename the login URL.
Also, you can add HTTP authentication directly from WP Admin and add custom username/password combinations for the HTTP auth or use the WordPress credentials.
This doesn't touch any .htaccess files or change the WordPress core files. All the CSS/Images under /wp-admin/ are still accessible, just not the .php ones.
If you enable HTTP authentication, it will add HTTP authentication to the PHP files in /wp-admin/.
To contribute to the development, check out [the GitHub Repository](https://github.com/srtfisher/Lockdown-WPAdmin).
== Installation ==
1. Upload `/lockdown-wp-admin/` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Navigate to the "Lockdown WP" menu
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= How can we add files to the white list to hide from the public eye? We want to have AJAX and use a custom file, but we can't because it hides it from the public. =
You can add a file using the 'no_check_files' filter. Use this:
// You have to accept the $data argument or else it will cause a system meltdown ;)
$data = 'my-file-name.php'; // JUST the file name.
= How can I get back in if Lockdown WP Admin locked me out? =
You can create a .txt file named 'disable_auth.txt' in your `wp-content/plugins/lockdown-wp-admin/` folder (The file location would be `/wp-content/plugins/lockdown-wp-admin/disable_auth.txt`). We don't care about the content but that will disable the HTTP Auth and whatever was locking you out of your site.
== Changelog ==
= 1.0 =
* Initial release
= 1.0.1 =
* Fixed a link to a broken file
= 1.1 =
* Fixed a bug on activating the plugin network wide, we disabled network wide activation.
* Cleaned up the plugin and prevented a double loop of the HTTP check, unnecessary.
= 1.2 =
* Cleaned up more code.
* Security fixes that will prevent somebody from possibly hijacking your website. (Props Jon Cave)
= 1.3.1 =
* Added the ability to change the login URL entirely. It will disable /wp-login.php and give it whatever you want to make it.
= 1.4 =
* Fixed a bug with user's with a index.php base
* Added stats for us to collect about about URL setup and server configuration for our users. This will let us make the plugin even better.
* Fixed bug for having private user management in WP Admin
= 1.4.2 =
* Bug fixes
* Added `admin-ajax.php` to the files that we permit to be access in wp-admin.
= 1.6 =
* Added way to get back into WP-ADMIN if locked out (See the FAQ)
= 1.7 =
* Removed the stats that were collected to that we could understand the issues that users were having with the plugin.
= 1.8 =
* Finally discovered why so many users had HTTP authentication errors. Fixed it to support almost 80% of hosts out there.
* If you still have problems, shoot me an email.
= 1.9 =
A very late update, sorry! Worked to fix many issues with the admin bar and the "get_current_screen()" error. If you still see issues, please contact me!
= 2.0 =
* Provided a system dump to help in debugging issues that may arise.
* Fixes a issues on the 404 page under 3.5.1 (`get_current_screen()`)
* Cleanup, cleanup!
= 2.0.1 =
* Bug fix by [Michal Krause](https://github.com/michal-krause)
= 2.0.2 =
* Query string detection bug fix by [James Bonham](http://wordpress.org/support/profile/jamesbonham)
* Issues with WordPress in a sub-directory
= 2.1 =
* Unit Testing! Unit Testing ensure more reliable code going forward
* Support for WordPress 3.6
* General Cleaning
= 2.2 =
* Fixing issues with other plugins
* Support tested for 3.9
* Large code structure changes. If you are extending the `Lockdown_Manager` at all, you should basically check the class anew since it was separated into Admin and Application services.
= 2.3 =
* Fixing issues with latests WordPress Version
* Cleaning of code, enhancements.
* Localizing all the strings.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...